Friday, September 11, 2009

The Canadian editor

Hi from the frozen North! Well, not totally frozen yet, though we have had a couple of overnight frosts. Time to bring the tomatoes in; we had two red ones this year. Whoo-hoo! I'm afraid that's more a comment on my gardening skills than the climate. Lucky for us, I put more time into my editing than into the garden.

I'm a grammar-, spelling-, punctuation-Nazi from way back. I have to constantly remind myself that not everyone shares my passion for the minutiae and arcana of the English language. I feel incredibly privileged to be allowed to indulge my editing vocation and paranormal avocation at the same time. Talk about a dream job!

You'll be hearing from me again here on the intricacies of punctuating dialogue. Sometime when all the intros are done, when the authors have no more books to promote, when the other editors have plumbed the depths of wolf-pack behavior, demonology, fang anatomy, rebellious angels (Hi Carolina!), and dragon sexuality, they'll slip my leash and let me loose on--oh, joy--Quotation Marks! Questions, anyone?

Slainte,
Eilidh

2 comments:

  1. Dragon sexuality? Where do I sign up for that class? You've got me beat on the tomato score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, Lill. hmmm...sounds quite exotic and very steamy:)

    Great intro, E!

    Callie

    ReplyDelete