Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Intro: Sirena Van Schaik

Wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where everyone slipped into a friendship as easily as they slipped into the pages of a well written book; where no one felt the trepidation of an introduction. Of course, that first meeting can be exciting and today it is my turn to introduce myself to you.

If you haven't noticed already, I'm not the best with introductions, which is probably why I have spent the better part of this week wondering how I would introduce myself. Like everyone, I thought it would be best to start with my name, which is Sirena Van Schaik, by the way. But then I thought that that wouldn't really introduce who I am.

And, of course, it wouldn't give me the opportunity to ramble a bit as I shuffled across the keyboard. You know, it often surprises me that my chosen career is as a writer while the simple act of introducing myself leaves me at a loss for words. I think, however, that it is a comfort as well, to know that someone who writes a book, no matter how polished, is still simply human; even if she writes about the paranormal.

I believe that every dream can be captured and I was able to capture mine by becoming an author for the Black Rose of the Wild Rose Press. I enjoy writing, have spent the greater part of my life being drawn to the written word and have found a passion in paranormal romance.

While I have not always written in the paranormal genre, I have enjoyed different sub-genres of paranormal since I secretly sneaked my mom's collection of Stephen King from her book shelf when I was ten. From that moment on, I was hooked, if not on Mr. King's work, at least on things that lurked in the darker side of imagination.

Even more than things that go bump in the night, I enjoy the gray characters. The ones who have a sense of morality but still walk in the shadows. That is why it excites me to release my first book, Immortal Desire, with Black Rose in the near future.

So now that I have introduced my writing, I would like to close with a little about me. I am a full time writer and author who resides in Ontario, Canada with my two children and my husband of 11 years. I have a menagerie of pets and have even shared my office with a Bearded Dragon.

I hope to continue as a writer for years to come and hope that readers will enjoy slipping between the pages of my first book and all the ones to follow.

If you would like to learn more about me, please visit my blog at http://sirenavanschaik.blogspot.com, and my website at http://www3.sympatico.ca/sirena.van. In addition, you can find me on facebook and I am always happy to chat.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the garden Sirena!!! I too have long loved those things that go bump in the night. The dark side of the garden is great place to find those and so much more. I look forward to reading your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank LillF. I'm happy to be here and I look forward to sharing more of my work.

    ReplyDelete