Friday, September 25, 2009

Introducing J.A. Saare


Hello and greetings! It's wonderful to be included among such a talented group of authors. My name is Jaime, and my paranormal romance, Crimson Moon, has been contracted by The Wild Rose Press. It's an exciting time to be among the Black Roses. There is so much to look forward to, and so many books from each of you that I can't wait to read!

A little about me: I'm a stay at home Mom to four. I've been married to the love of my life for seven years. I enjoy reading as much as I do writing. And if I'm not at home working, you'll find me at one of our local pool halls, shooting a game of straight eight. Nothing relaxes me more than my McDermott cue, newly laid felt, and a regulation sized pool table. *smile*

Now, about Crimson Moon.

It's the first story I've ever written and will always have a special place in my heart. I never dreamed I would be offered a contract, nor that I would be able to share my characters with the world. It's surreal and slightly terrifying. I haven't gotten a release date as of yet, but when I do, I'm sure the excitement and anxiousness will continue to go hand in hand.

Blurb:

An average morning is what Emma Johnson envisions when she visits Joe’s CafĂ© for a steaming cup of coffee. But the world isn't the place she imagined it to be, and neither is she…

After Emma is rescued from a horde of bloodthirsty creatures, she discovers she is the daughter of a powerful Vampire from the House Deviard, her rescuer, Caleb, having been sent to see her safely home. For Caleb is also unique, a werewolf procured to protect the royal Vampiric bloodlines from harm - but nothing more.

Soon, the undeniable connection Emma and Caleb share evolves beyond attraction into something unexpected. When she is forced to make a choice, which path will she take - vampire or wolf?

Excerpt:

We reached the hallway, and Caleb’s hand touched my shoulder. I spun around, misjudging the space between us and causing our bodies to collide. My left hand braced against his chest as my right scrambled frantically for his waist. Strong arms wrapped around my back, pulling me against the warmth of his body as I regained my balance.

A strange current passed between us, so quickly I assumed I imagined it. His body was as solid as it appeared, the muscles under my fingers remaining tight even as he relaxed. I took a shaky breath and forced myself to step back and look into his face, eyes finding and merging with his.

“I don’t bite,” he teased.

“How can I be so sure about that?” I teased back.

His lips lifted into a crooked grin and the effect made his face appear both younger and softer. I resisted the overwhelming temptation to touch the dark hair that once again framed his face, accentuating his amazing sapphire eyes.

I had never felt so drawn to anyone before, and I couldn’t seem to stop staring at him. It didn’t help matters that he was the most attractive person I had ever seen.

My sense of propriety returned and I cleared my throat. “I’ll be just a second,” I murmured, pulling my hands away. He let his arms fall at his sides and nodded, maintaining his lovely smile.

I averted my face before he could see the heated blush staining my cheeks, hurrying to the door marked Ladies. I waited until I was certain the door closed behind me before I lifted the coat to my nose.

It was definitely Caleb’s; I could smell him. The scent was warm and woodsy, reminding me of a forest meadow or empty field after a good cleansing rain. The enticing smell was oddly soothing, like a balm on my rattled nerves.

I shrugged out of the jacket, carrying it into the stall and hanging it on the metal peg screwed into the door. I finished relieving my angry bladder, making sure to wash my hands before using the rough recycled brown paper inside the half open dispenser to dry them thoroughly.

I lifted the leather jacket, bringing its heaviness against my face and nestling my cheek against the deliciously smooth silk lining. I breathed in the inviting smell one last time, smiling despite myself as I slipped it back on.

The bathroom door came open, and I glanced at the woman entering, flashing a friendly smile at her reflection in the mirror. A lopsided grin began to extend across her face and I whipped around.

I didn’t have the chance to scream.

She advanced on me quickly, pushing my body into the wall, one hand wrapping around the back of my neck and the other dialing a phone. The strong metallic taste of blood tingled in my mouth as my face made solid contact with unforgiving tile. I struggled in vain, attempting to push myself free, thrashing futilely.

“I have her.” She spoke in the same flat monotone Mike had used. “I’m off the interstate—”

The hand on my neck disappeared and I spun around, grasping my throat and coughing.

Caleb’s frame engulfed the enclosed space. One of his hands wrapped around the neck of the woman, lifting her several feet off the floor. Her red eyes rolled back in her head as she squirmed at the shoulders. He reached for her phone and she lifted it high above her head.

“Now, now,” Caleb growled.

He lowered her body toward his, bringing her face closer to his own. Her feet dangled helplessly above the dirty grout on the floor, coming within an inch of touching solid ground.

I jerked in surprise as he thrust her forcefully into the wall, causing something to snap. The phone slipped free of her fingers, clacking across the floor and resting next to my sneakers.

“Take it,” Caleb said, softening his voice as he addressed me.

My fingers were trembling as I bent down and retrieved the small metal phone, eyes focused on the woman Caleb held securely. Chunks of her blonde hair intermingled with bright red blood against the wall. She didn’t make a sound—other than the odd wet gurgling deep inside her throat.

Maybe she couldn’t talk. Caleb’s hand was large enough to encompass the entire circumference of her neck—and he was squeezing.


Thanks for sharing, it's great to meet all of you!

Jaime

8 comments:

  1. HI, Jaime! Great excerpt. :) And love that tag line: Feeding your darkest desires. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Jaime!!! I still can't say that I understand the idea of relaxing with a game of pool. It ususally finds me chewing my nails and hitting innocent bystanders in the eye. LOL

    Lill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lill,

    I understand how it can be when you start, but pool is an amazing game once you get the hang of it. If you're ever in the area, let me know, we'll sling a few!

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi J.A. What a beautiful cover! Loved the excerpt. Best of luck with your boook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there M. Flagg! ;)

    Thanks a bunch, I was tickled silly when I got it. I really appreciate your kind words and support, so very much!

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful story, congratulations!!!

    Sky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jaime! Crimson Moon sounds absolutely thrilling! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

    ReplyDelete