Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WHY I LOVE WOLF SHIFTERS


I fell in love with wolf shifters a while ago. Wolves are such beautiful and regal animals, and those Alpha men who shift into them? Be still my heart. So when I heard about the Got Wolf? contest, I had to submit something.

What I love most about wolf shifters is the fierce passion and absolute love they feel when they find their mate. Throw in a little torment, and I'm hooked.

What would happen, though, if my wolf hero didn't understand his heritage? His mate appears, and suddenly primal and possessive emotion surges through him. He's captivated, enamored, completely enraptured -- and he doesn't know why.

My Got Wolf? story, Blood Wolf, features just such an Alpha wolf. Got Wolf?, Volume One releases this Friday, October 9.

Blurb:

When mysterious Damian MacGowan saves Suzanne Wood from a gang of thugs in a small Scotland town, she's beyond grateful. But his possessive need to be near her troubles her. Damian doesn't understand why he's drawn to Suzanne. He knows only that he must have her, or he will die. As the two get to know each other, love blossoms. But Damian has a secret, and an enemy, that may keep him from Suzanne forever.

Excerpt:

Damian approached her, took her hand in his, and caressed her palm with his scabbed fingertips. “I don’t expect you to understand this when I can’t explain it to myself. But there is not a doubt in my mind that you belong with me.”

“You don’t know anything about me.”

“I know your hair is the color of burnt mahogany, and it feels like silk against my skin.” He sifted her tresses with his fingers, then cupped her cheek. “I know your eyes are like the night fog, with little golden sparks that pierce the thickness around my soul.” He ran his thumb across her lower lip. “I know your mouth tastes of wintergreen and fresh blueberries. I know your body feels like heaven pressed to mine. I know your beautiful name fits you. I know there’s an idiot somewhere who let you go, but I thank God for his stupidity.” He lightly traced the angle of her jaw line. “I know ye’re mine.”

Suzanne quivered; her juices pooled in her panties. This man was seducing her with mere words. She was close to climaxing already, something she had only managed previously by masturbating. Never with a man.

“I won’t force you to lie with me,” Damian said, “but I will share this room with you. That’s not negotiable. I need to be close to you.”

“I can’t allow you to stay here. If you want the room—”

“I said it’s not negotiable!” Suzanne jumped as Damian pounded his fist into the adjacent wall. “I need to be with you. I need your scent near me.”

“What you want is impossible.” Her voice cracked with nerves. “I refuse to share a bed with a man I just met.”

“I will leave you alone, but we will share this bed.” He lifted his shirt over his head and threw it over a chair. She gulped in a sharp breath. His chest was golden and beautiful, pure muscle accented by a smattering of black hair. Suzanne instinctively looked away as he began to unbuckle his jeans.

“No.” He cupped her face in his hands, forcing her gaze onto his. “I need you to look at me. To see me.”

Helen Hardt is an attorney and stay-at-home mom turned award-winning romance author. She met her real-life hero in law school, and they live in Colorado with their two teenage sons. Helen writes contemporary, historical, paranormal, and erotic romance. Her non-writing interests include Harley rides with her husband, attending her sons’ sports and music performances, traveling, and Taekwondo (she’s a blackbelt.) Visit Helen at http://www.helenhardt.com/ and http://www.helensheroes.blogspot.com/.

23 comments:

  1. *Squee!!* Can't wait! Sounds so good, Helen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great excerpt, Helen! Looking forward to Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read it. I've been looking forward to this one for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great excerpt, Helen! Sounds like a fantastic read!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is on my TBR list! But then, you already know that, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful excerpt, Helen! Congrats on your upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tricia, Susan, Catherine, Viola, and Cate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I think I'm having a hot flash! That is AWESOME!!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see more GW authors, Autumn and Isabel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If we can't support each other, who can we support? *G* Plus...sexy werewolves! Yum. *G*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Someone hand me a fan! Sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Already on my TBL. :) Good luck with your new release!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, Helen! Can't wait to download my copy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a visual! Great excerpt. Best of luck with your release on Friday, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you sell tons of books Helen!
    Wait, I know you will.
    A black belt. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Helen,
    This story sounds very interesting. I can hardly wait to read it. I love everything Wolf. Being from Minnesota. This will be a must purchase for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! Congrats, Helen. Look forward to reading Blood Wolf!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome excerpt!!! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete