Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Finding time & Christmas traditions

We're creeping into week two of December and Christmas is getting ever closer, and time is getting ever scarcer. Along with full-time work, friends and family, and regular commitments, finding time to organise Christmas shopping etc... is added to the list. So, where does that leave time for writing? I always struggle to squeeze in time to write, and around Christmas it's even more tricky (especially this year as I have no vacation time).
Balancing out my annoyance of fighting with my schedule to find time to write is Christmas fun. Every year I have double Christmas joy. Years ago my parents gave up trying to split time between their families and decided to celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve and invite both families at once (then on Christmas day itself they could see family they hadn't seen the night before or simply spend time with all us kids).
What this means now I'm married is... I get Christmas twice. Once with my family on Christmas eve, and then again on Christmas day with my husband's family :)
Double the Christmas joy.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and I wish you double Christmas joy !!!
--Louise Delamore

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. And a healthy one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you, Louise. May youhave a safe and joyous holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas eve was always at my best friend's house. Even after we grew up her mom always had a party. When I moved away it was the hardest thing to give up. 30 some odd years later I still call there every Christmas eve to talk to everyone.

    Merry Christmas Louise!!!! (And Merry Christmas Eve!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year, too!

    ReplyDelete