I used to promo like mad, anywhere and everywhere. Well, I've been sick... However, I've learned after three years of promoting my books that as a small-press author you have to promote your books. You are the grease behind the elbow. You! And since I couldn't promo an entire quarter last year and saw my sales practically disappear, I can share what I've done to see a rise in my sales since...
1. I promoed everywhere.
2. I updated the tags for my books at amazon.com.
3. I posted my book reviews at bn.com. You can only post a review once. String snippets of your reviews together in one post.
4. Since you must make connections with readers, create a fan group solely for your newsletter posts (a minimal number each month). Host a big prize awarded to one lucky person who joins. Announce the contest on the reader loops. And wait. I also have a monthly fan kit I award. This sweetens the pot.
5. Blog daily to elevate your place on hit lists with search engines. The more you blog, the more web bots keep up with your blog. And use specific titles for blog posts that note exactly what your post is about. Lure those searching online with search engines over to your blog.
6. I created my own educational writing brochures that I've sent out to writing conferences hoping to inform people of my blog where I host guest speakers on Fridays.
And, of course, you know you must have a website. ~Skhye
Fall in love beyond this reality...