Friday, March 12, 2010

Promoting


I've been promoting for a little over a year now. I started promoting in January 2009 in preparation for the release of my first short story, His Ship, Her Fantasy, which released in August of 2009.

What do I do to promote?

1) I have a blog...http://emmalaiwrites.blogspot.com. I recruit other authors to participate in author interviews to draw new readers to my blog. (Feel free to shoot me an email if you want to guest: emmalaiwrites at yahoo.com.)

2) I host the occasional contest to keep interest up.

3) I have bookmarks, magnets, t-shirts, and hats to mail out and award as prizes.

4) I guest blog wherever I am invited.

5) I joined Roses of Houston to help cross-promote with other local authors.

6) I have gone to book signings.

7) I joined Facebook, MySpace and Twitter. However, I don’t keep up with them very well.

8) I joined numerous reader groups, but again I don’t keep up with them very well.

9) I started a new blog…http://emmalaivisitsthespicierside.com to promote spicier romances since I have one contracted. (Feel free to shoot me an email if you want to guest: emmalaiwrites at yahoo.com.)

What I have found is that unless you’re interested in the activity, it doesn’t really benefit to participate. So, find things you enjoy and for which you have the time to participate in.

No comments:

Post a Comment