Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm going to make this post as short and sweet as some of you are as famous for writing short stories. I can't do it. Let me rephrase that, I've never been able to do it. I've tried to take the short cut to get from getting here (meeting the characters to having them spill their guts to eventually living happily ever after) to getting there without stopping to smell the roses but I always seem to take the scenic route. And eventually I get lost! I tend to babble.
But honestly, when I read a shorty no matter how beautifully written I'm left wanting more. I want to know the ins and outs of the character, not just one or two idiosyncrasies that make them who they are for a few pages. I want to meet their neighbors, know their toilette habits (not really) and find out what makes them tick. Of all the shorties I've ever read only a few have accomplished that feat. When my butt plunks down to read a book I'm not planning on going anywhere for a while. The fam's on their own for dinner and even breakfast if I'm still engrossed. Been known to read a book in its entirety over night.
Everyone has their own unique style of writing and story telling. Mine just happens to use a few more pieces of paper to do it. And that's the short of it.
This could be the least I've ever written:)

No comments:

Post a Comment