Saturday, May 8, 2010

Liiterature Mapping

This month we're going to be talking what we're reading and how we choose the next book. I touched onthis in my post in March. I confess to being rather shallow, so often I'll pick books up based on the cover, but I also have a list of favourite authors whose books I always buy. I also keep a list of recommendations and a list of good reviews. As for what I'm reading right now: 'The Year of the Flood' by Margaret Atwood, I really enjoy her books, especially the sci-fi/ post apocalyptic ones (which this is).

But if you're like me, you're always on the look out for great book, so I thought I would share one other neat place I've found to get book ideas: Literature Map.



Ever been stuck trying to decide what to read next? You really enjoyed the books you read by author X, and feel like something similar but what? Literature map is a great place to start.
Say like me you like Nalini Singh (one of my favourite paranormal authors), or Katherine Kerr (great fantasy writer), all you do is stick in their names and it will generate a map of authors it deems similar.
Check out my maps below for the two authors I mentioned:


Okay, I admit at this size they're a bit busy and hard to read, but you get the idea - and that's exactly what I got, more ideas :)

Happy reading,
-- Louise Delamore

Homepage: http://louised.weebly.com/

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of Literature Map. Thanks for suggesting it!

    ReplyDelete