Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Piles of Books

I have three piles of books next to my bed. Some are ones I've picked up and will eventually read. Others are books in series I want to read. And then there is the I gotta read this now pile. The last pile of course has the least number of books and is constantly in flux.

I just finished Shalador's Lady the latest installment in Anne Bishop's Black Jewels dark fantasy series. I love the characters in this series and each new installment adds more depth. I wish I could write like this.

I'm counting down the days until the next Kate Daniels urban fantasy book is available. Once again, a great series and I wish I wrote like this. I love the snarky attitude of the main character and the sexual tension with the single male lead is great.

There are plenty more good stories coming out during the summer. I hate waiting for them but it's worth it once I have the book. Even though I know how long the writing process takes, as a reader I wish books from my favorite authors became available more than once or twice a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment