Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sharp Teeth by Toby Barlow



Since the topic for the Black Roses this month is what we're reading, I wanted to share one of my favorite werewolf books. It's got a bit of everything -- action, adventure, tension, romance -- and is written entirely in prose. To be sure, it's not for everyone, but for those of you who enjoy something different and clever, this is definitely a book for you.

Although there is a lot to be said about the material (the voice is, without a doubt, one of my favorites), I think the video above sums it up best. If you've not read Sharp Teeth by Toby Barlow, perhaps it's time to.

Are any of you reading werewolf fodder? Or do you have any favorite stories to share?

3 comments:

  1. That is the freakiest but COOLEST video I've ever seen. I kinda need to read this now... wow!!

    I'm not reading any werewolf stuff right now, but I think I'll have to rectify that in the near future. I miss my snarly Alpha wolves.

    BTW, how funny is it that "Show me your teeth" by Lady Gaga was on as I read this post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool book video. Masked by Moonlight by Nancy Gideon is the last werewolf book I read. Really good and is the first of the series.

    "Darkness and Danger Never Seemed More Appealing..." lol

    Here's a quick rundown of what it is about. Detective Charlotte (Cee Cee) Caissie is a New Orleans homicide detective investigating grisly murders and trying to take down the crime lord, Jimmy Legere and his cohorts. The only problem she finds she's attracted to Legere's second-hand man, Max Savoie. Savoie is most likely a killer and at the very least, a man on the wrong side of the law.

    Max Savoie is no saint and he harbors a dark secret that few would understand.

    The author's paranormal world comes alive in the dark side of New Orleans with her dynamic characters and seductive werewolf lore. You really don't want to miss this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mamakitty! That's funny about the song!

    Karen ~ That sounds really good! Going to TBR it. :)

    ReplyDelete