Monday, May 24, 2010

What I'm Reading... Linnea Sinclair's Hope's Folly

The subject for this month is what we're reading. I just finished reading Linnea Sinclair’s Hope’s Folly.

The book is part of a science fiction romance series and I'd already read the first two, Gabriel’s Ghost and Shades of Dark. Both were excellent reads, full of action, adventure, space battles and a satisfying romance throughout both books. So, it was a no-brainer that I’d want to read the next book in this series.

Although the first two books were set in first person in the heroine’s point of view and featured the romance between her and a man from her past, Hope’s Folly has a new romance between a character from the first two books and a brand new character. This new story shows the romance from two points of view and is told in third person.
If you like sci-fi mixed with romance, I’d highly recommend this series. Already have the next book, Rebels and Lovers, on my wish list.

7 comments:

  1. I've never read any on Linnea Sinclair's books, but I've been hearing good things about her series and took a look at Gabriel's Ghost. It sounds really good to me.

    I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently discovered Linnea also, Karen. I won an autographed copy of her Games of Command, and was instantly hooked! I then moved on to The Down Home Zombie Blues then Gabriel's Ghost. Can't wait to get to Rebels and Lovers. I also have a copy of Finders Keepers I haven't read yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in. Glad you liked Folly since it was so much fun to help Linnea and I learned an incredible amount of info about writing from her.

    Admiral Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, Admiral Mikey! From what I've read, you've done an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok - I'm biased towards Hope's Folly. And I have to add that the hero from Games of Commmand - Kel-Paten - is my all time fave hero.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How serendipitous that I would be talking about writing science fiction and series today at Paty Jager's blog while you're talking about it here. I'm interested in the way she took a secondary character for the third book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Kathy and Alice! Thanks for stopping by!
    I have to agree, Kathy, Kel-Paten got me hooked too. And since that was my first Linnea Sinclair read, I became an instant fan.

    ReplyDelete