Friday, May 28, 2010

What I'm Reading now

Dear Black Rose Authors and Readers,

I've been reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I'm always behind in my reading - they already made a movie from this book but I won't see it until I've finished the book. It holds my interest and I like the heroine Lisbeth - she is very different. You never know quite what she is going to do.

I just completed reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer. It took me forever to read the Twilight books and once I dived into them I couldn't seem to come up for air. I usually don't read YA but the Twilight books grabbed me in the gut and wouldn't let go. What I liked the best about them was the way Bella loved Edward, and the way he loved her. To me, it was visceral. I saw the first movie and was aghast. It just did not have the impact of the book. Mostly the hero felt all wrong.

The Host is a book I would have read anyway, because the premise was so intriguing. It's Invasion of the Body Snatchers from the point of view of a Body Snatcher. The way the Body Snatchers were rather clueless about taking other sentient beings' bodies was chilling. The heroine's choices appalled the humans who captured her - until her gentleness and horror at what her species was doing won their hearts. It was still a YA, though I've heard it was presented as an adult book.

My first Black Rose release, Sacred Guardian, is available now through Wild Rose Press. It's my dark angel book and I've been blogging about it on my site: www.carolinamontague.com/blog/Skating on the edge of forever. The blog is about the real story of how an angel saved my life and the life of my son. Sacred Guardian is the book I promised him that I would write. There are several scenes in it that are exactly as they happened to me.

I'm not sure if I can insert the cover into this blog, but I'll give it a go :-)

Nope - sorry. No can do. Here is the link for the cover: www.carolinamontague.com/books.

Much Love,

Carolina Montague

1 comment:

  1. I've read the Twilight series, too. I haven't picked up The Host, but my daughter told me she liked it, too. Some of the YA books have been really good. The latest one I read is Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. Fallen angels, suspense, horror and romance all rolled into one intriguing tale. Crescendo (book II) is due to come out in Nov. 2010. I can't wait to pick it up.

    Your book is about a true life experience. I'm intrigued. :) I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete