Saturday, July 10, 2010

These are a few of my favorite books

I've always loved reading. By the time I was in 2nd grade, I could read faster than my dad and had already gone through most of the books in the children's section of our regional branch library. So I just moved on up to the adult section. My favorites were mysteries and fantasies. Piers Anthony's the Land of Xanth series were some of my favorites. Anything to do with Merlin. My dad's 50's sci-fi books. And of course mysteries. As I got older, I started adding romances to the mix. Historicals and paranormals are my favorites for romances. Anything that transports me to another world, be it with vampires and were-critters or back in time or a whole different planet. Bring it on. Right now some of my favorite romance authors are Roberta Gellis, Karen Marie Moning, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lora Leigh and JR Ward. For fantasy I love George RR Martin's Fire and Ice series. There's nothing like curling up with a good book when it's raining out. And it's raining now, so I've got to go. :)

What books do you like to read?

1 comment:

  1. My tastes are eclectic. I've read from nearly every genre but erotica. And I love them all.The first sci-fi book I ever read was Robert Heinlien's Glory Road. The book was written in the 60's but his characters read electronic books. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete