Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Grounded in Reality-Lost in Fiction

Hi Fellow Black Roses,
How did I get started writing? What brought me to romance? Paranormal romance?
Wow. I suppose I could tell you Frank Langella's Dracula and you'd understand immediately.
But there's a lot more to it than that.
I'm a scientist by profession, I have a BS degree in Biochemistry. I work in research and development in clinical chemistry. I'm literally grounded in reality. My work life is exact, precise; one mistake can create several days worth of setbacks.
So where do I fly free? In my writing. Instead of be governed by structure, I get to set the rules. I can even decide there are no rules. In the paranormal genre, I get to create worlds. In suspenses, I get to kill people :)). So the end result is: I do what I want to do in my books.
Why romance? I believe in happy endings. I couldn't imagine writing a book without a happy ending. And I believe in the power of love. My website says Sinful Suspense where Love Conquers All. I believe in that. I hope you do too.
So fellow Roses? How did you get started? What brought you to romance?
Let me know.
Linda

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! And I understand completely. I have a BS in applied science. I'm a mammographer who has to follow strict FDA guidelines. And, I'm a rule-follower by nature. So writing lets me make up my own rules and create my own world. And everyone lives happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in happy endings, too. No matter what turmoil the hero or heroine go through, they must eventually find happiness.

    Don't mess with the power of love. It will win every time. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Linda. And you can most certainly build a world, Sister Black Rose :)

    ReplyDelete