Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Maybe its because I was born in October, but Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. Scary stories and movies thrill me to no end, so it only makes sense that I would end up writing about vampires and demons and things that go bump whenever they feel like it! When I was young, Halloween was all about ghosts and goblins, and a good scare. Over the years it has transformed - schools don't want children wearing scary costumes, if they allow costumes at all. I always felt that there are many real, scary things in the world and Halloween was a way to immerse us gently and with fun, into a not so gentle world. It seems a shame this has changed. But for me - I will still dress up as the vampire queen and scare all the neighborhood darlings on Halloween night. And then I'll return to my laptop and maybe scare a few readers.

Whatever your traditions are for Halloween, have fun and stay safe! Happy October!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthmonth! Have fun scaring the little ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love autumn, love Halloween.

    Have a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween. And keep scaring us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Emma! My husband works in a hospital so he is the Mad Doctor to my vampire! Some kids never grow up, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taryn, I love it, too. I live in FL so we are supremely gyped when it comes to Fall. Halloween is the only real fall fun we have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. October is such a fun month! Happy Birthday and Happy Halloween!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Month, Sharron and maybe you should invite a few of us over for a party. LOL I still have my fangs! Eliza M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, a party at my house on Halloween! Come one, come all. Anyone wearing fangs can have all the red wine they can drink (and still drive safely, of course), lol!

    ReplyDelete