Sunday, October 17, 2010

Samhain's Eve done Hangman & Ghost Hunter's Style


Happy Halloween, Samhain's Eve…almost! Regrettably, my personal life keeps me from posting much this time around but what sort of paranormal writer would I be if I didn’t stop in and share a little something spooky? As many know, I write about Ireland and Scotland and in my MacLomain Trilogy much revolves around All Hallows’ Eve, the night when the veil between the worlds is at its thinnest.

For me, Halloween has always been a simple night when the Earth quiets; the darkness becomes a place willing to reveal its secrets, when many Neo-Pagans, including Druids and Wiccans, trace their annual seasonal days of celebration back to Celtic times in Europe.

While I’d love to dive into details, as this subject is one I’ve done ample research on…it’s not in the cards this year. And truth told, I’d rather focus on humor. I’d rather have some fun.

So, here’s a site that’s GREAT fun. If you’ve already been to it, go back. Take a few minutes for YOU and enjoy your own little Halloween treat. I still get a chuckle when I return. So, click HERE and hang your man!

Love tracking the paranormal? I know I do! Yep, I’ll admit it, I’m a huge fan of Syfy’s Ghost Hunters. Jason and Grant rock. Above all, I love the EVP (Electic Voice Phenomenon) caught during their investigations. One of my favorite episodes took place right here in my home state of New Hampshire, only an hour or so north of me at the Mount Washington Hotel. Yep, I’ve stayed there! Anyways, here’s the video. Very cool stuff. Turn up your speakers! (If you can't view the full video here, click this link to see it in its entirety.)



Learn more about my favorite Ghost Hunters. Click here!

Okay all, I’m off. Hope you enjoyed my post, brief as it was. A very Happy Halloween to you all.

~Sky Purington

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Sky. Ghost Hunters is my absolute favorite show! I've been a fan of Jason and Grant even before they had their show. And I love the science behind the investigating. My fav is the K-2 meter. I gotta get one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it, Tricia, isn't that K-2 meter something? The whole process is SO interesting. You followed Jason and Grant before they had thier own show? Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Sky! Love Ghost Hunters, too! Thanks for sharing the links. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete