Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's worth saying thanks

Thanksgiving is not a holiday we celebrate here in New Zealand, but I think it's a wonderful holiday. It's a chance to dwell on the best, when so often we get lost in the worst of our lives.

It's a holiday that's been on my mind a lot lately as my Grandmother is very ill. I'm thankful for the time spent I've with her, the things I've learnt from her, the times we've laughed and joked together. That I know the last time I saw her I said 'I love you', that she knows her first great-grandchild is on the way, that the majority of the family is together.

So treasure your familes this thanksgiving, and always. Try to find the best in your life and the people around you, don't dwell on the worst.

--Louise Delamore
http://LouiseD.weebly.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving is a great holiday in that respect. I hope you get some more good time with your Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete