Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What are you thankful for?

Isn't it funny that Thanksgiving---the holiday set aside to take time out of our busy schedule to remember what we're thankful for in our lives---that we usually spend it running around, baking, traveling to family and/or friends with very little time for quiet reflection about why we should actually feel thankful?

I don't know about you, but the holidays seemed to blindside me this year. I needed more time to prepare for the nonstop craziness that starts at the end of November and stretches into the first of January. I needed a longer summer.

I wonder if I can muster up some of the powers that my characters have in MYSTICAL SEDUCTION and flip time backwards a month or so.
Perhaps if I squeeze my eyes shut really tight, I'll be able to manage magically conjure up a few extra days. Hang on....



Did it work?


Drat. It's still the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I guess I'll just have to make do with the time that I have now.

Deep breath. It'll be okay. Deep breath. I have so many reasons to be thankful this year.

Perhaps I should count them.

I'm thankful for...

1. My wonderful publishers and two releases this year including the sexy paranormal romance, MYSTICAL SEDUCTION from TWRP.

2. My upcoming mystery FLOWERBED OF STATE from Berkley Prime Crime in May of next year. (It really has been a wonderful year career-wise.)

3. The health of my family.

4. My cat who jumps on my keyboard just to hear me squeal.

5. My little dog whose antics never fail to make me laugh.

6. The support of my friends who lift me up.

7. The tasty bounty my vegetable garden produced this year.

8. A family willing to eat a pre-cooked turkey dinner from the grocery store. Gracious, I'm thankful for that!

9. A busy life that fulfills me.

10. A man who love me.

You know what? I think I just might have magical powers after all. All of the sudden I feel as if I have all the time in the world to prepare for Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year.

If you're feeling like a turkey in a pressure cooker, perhaps you too should take 10 minutes and count your blessings.

What are you thankful for this year?

Have a magical Thanksgiving day!

Dorothy McFalls

Look for Mystical Seduction from TWRP

Faith was looking for a one-night stand. What she got was an otherworldly hunk determined to make her his sex slave.


"Dorothy McFalls
delivers an original, action-packed plot with plenty of steam
" ~ Fallen Angel Reviews

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Dorothy. Let the craziness begin!

    ReplyDelete