Thursday, November 25, 2010

What I have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving

Despite the financial hardships of the recession and the passing of my mom just over a year ago, I do have things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

I've been married to the love of my life for the past 29 years. He's my inspiration for writing those romance stories where the hero and heroine, despite all odds, end up living happily ever after. And when I'm down, he lifts me up.

I'm also thankful that I have the freedom to pursue my dream of writing. I have a fantastic editor who tells me when my writing is sub par and helps me polish it up into a great story. Three of the books I worked with her on have won awards or finalist spots.

I'm also thankful for the wonderful online writing community I belong to. Everyone is so supportive and helps with problems or questions. I've learned a lot over the past eight years that's steered me to a place where readers can enjoy my stories of romance and adventure. That's all a writer really wants.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Susan. I can't imagine losing my mom. I'm lucky enough to still have both my wonderful parents, 2 loving adult daughters, (and one super son-in-law) and a terrific, supportive husband of 30 years whom I wouldn't trade even for Hugh Jackman. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Susan.
    My father passed away four years ago. He was a sweetheart and I sure do miss his hugs, but I'm thankful for the time I had with him. I have loving memories to cherish. My husband lost his father at the age of ten and though he loved his father, his memories of him are vague.

    I'm thankful for my husband of 25yrs, my children and for my mother, brothers and sisters.

    Lilly,
    lol--Hugh Jackman is a cutie, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! Putting everything else aside to stay with my mom the final week of her life was a real comfort when she passed. I'll be forever grateful for that time.

    Whenever I feel down, I think about all the things I have that a lot of other people don't. It puts things in perspective.

    And I agree, Hugh Jackman is a cutie. LOL.

    ReplyDelete