Friday, December 10, 2010

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

I hope each of you has a wonderful Christmas/Hanukkah/Solstice/Holiday! I love this time of the year. There is something about all the lights on the houses in the neighborhood and the music and being with family that is just magical. True, it's gotten rather commercialized, but I really love the lights. And being with family. It's the only time of the year that we get to see all our nieces and nephews and I love it. Can you tell??  :)

My favorite memories are when I was a kid. We didn't have a lot of money, so instead of a lot of gifts, we got creative. Some years one of us would get a 14 carrot necklace (get it? make a necklace out of carrots). My dad liked to hide the gifts around the house and write little poems as clues. Then we'd run around to find the next clue, which would lead to another clue, until we finally found our gift. Or we woke to a living room full of strands of yarn. We were given a ball and had to wind it around until we found our gift, while running into other people winding their own balls.Now days we just open presents. Not as much fun. :)

That's my Christmas memory (ies). What are some of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment