Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I'm a couple of days late posting this but what had happened was....I posted it on the wrong blog. Ooops! So, now I'm posting here two days late and more than a dollar short. lol!

I can't believe another year has come and gone. But it was a fantastic holiday season. My husband and I actually started the celebrating early. The first weekend in December, we went to our camper at the beach so we could see the Christmas Flotilla in Beaufort. We had clams and beer at The Dock House Restaurant before the parade started.



After eating supper, we stood along the water front and watched the parade float by.
The boat parade runs along the water front from Morehead City, NC to Beaufort, NC. And it is truly a sight to behold.



The waterfront in winter at Christmastime is beautiful, but even in NC, it was freezing! My Christmas wasn't perfect. My daughter and her husband did not make it home from Germany for the holidays. But we were able to "see" them on SKPYE as we opened gifts. I even took a picture of my beautiful daughters together.



All in all, 2010 was a great year. I saw the publication of my first book Out of the Darkness.




And I signed a contract with TWRP for my second novel, a historical romance entitled Slightly Tarnished. I also recieved my first royalty check, making me a "professional" writer. Yay me!
So, as 2010 comes to a close, I can't really complainal. There were book signings and blog appearances and I've genuinely had a good time with my new career.
But it's time to start a New Year and make those resolutions we hope to keep. And my resolution isn't about loosing those eight pounds I gained over the holidays. It's all about writing.

For 2011, I hope to finish and submit Into the Light, the sequel to Out of the Darkness and then complete the sequel to Slightly Tarnished.

What are your New Year's resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Lilly! I hope you have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete