Sunday, January 23, 2011

A New Year, A New Me???

Every year it's the same thing. From the comfort of my sofa, while tucked under a warm blanket, I watch the glittery ball drop and the crowds cheers in Times Square. Welcome baby new year!

In my mind I list all the great accomplishments I plan to do:
1. I'm going to get and stay organized.
2. I'm going to stick to my writing schedule.
3. I'm going to keep my house clean.
4. I'm going to exercise every morning.
5. I'm going to post my blogs on time.

With great expectations buzzing warmly in my mind, I drift off to sleep.

This year is going to be different.

I'm going to be a new woman this year...smart and clever and brave and organized....

When I wake up New Year's morning, however, the day feels exactly like any other day. Worse, I feel like the same disorganized, slightly flaky Dorothy.

Things slide quickly back to normal...as evidenced by this blog post (coming in a day late.)

So I've decided to toss my New Year's resolutions out the window. They're not doing me anything other than to taunt me with my failings, anyhow. This year I'm going to focus on being happy with the person I am, and stop trying to stuff myself into the mold of the person I think I should be.

This year I'm going to breathe easy and relax.

Who's with me?

Dorothy McFalls/Dorothy St. James

Mystical Seduction
, TWRP
"Faith was looking for a one-night stand. What she got was an otherworldly hunk who appears determined to make her his sex slave."


Flowerbed of State, Berkley Prime Crime (May 2011)
"The White House is about to get a green thumb..."

Find me on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment