Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy early Valentines Day to all my fellow TWRP authors. We all know the history of Valentines day (named after any number of saints named Valentine, no one knows for sure which one - if any one in particular) But Valentines day has moved away from its religious beginnings to become a day for people to express their feelings to the person they love most intimately. This is a great holiday for romance authors. We have the opportunity to examine the motivations and expectations behind not only our own relationships, but those of our characters as well. Why does she love him when everyone else finds him to be a scoundrel? Why does he love her after she hurt him so badly?  As romance writers, we are lucky enough to have lives filled with love and passion. I love seeing the world through my character's eyes, to feel the fresh passion of new love. And this time of year it rekindles my own passions for my special sweetheart. Not that I don't love him madly all year 'round, but with our hectic lives, sometimes we need a reminder to remember how much we love eachother, and why he still makes my heart beat a little too fast.
I hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day and may you cherish all those people in your life that you love, and appreciate all those who love you.
Happy writing!

Sharron Riddle w/a Julianna Sage
  

2 comments: