Monday, October 31, 2011

A Blessed Samhain and a Happy Halloween!



Hello! Callie Lynn here:) I had a wonderfully informative post on the meanings of our ghoulish holidays, however, Google had other ideas. After primping, saving, and more primping my post went Poof! So with that said, I thought I'd just give a brief post on how I celebrate this wonderfully wicked time of year. Of course, Halloween and Samhain are on top of my list of favorite holidays. I do, in fact, go all out with the decorations much like Christmas/Yule.

Halloween has been special to me all my life. How can you celebrate this day without
watching the infamous "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" and to dole out treats to all those adorable tricksters. But that is only a part of this holiday. Keeping Samhain is very special to me because I have a chance to remember all those that I have lost, those who have passed. Pets included. Some believe that pets do not have souls! I beg to differ. They are full of love and brightness. You can see their souls in the depth of their warm, loving eyes. But then, that is a different story.

Anyway, every Blessed Samhain, I light tealights for everyone that has passed from my life and honor their memory. Seems to grow in number the older I get but the sweetness of their memories warm my heart.

Now I'm off to prepare for all the ghouls, ghosts, and goblins that will be passing through this Hallow's Eve. May your eve be hauntingly ghoulish and your Samhain be blessed.

Callie Lynn
SE Black Rose Line
www.thewildrosepress.com
callielynnwrp@aol.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Callie :)
    I think lighting tealights for everyone you've lost is a lovely idea. I lost my Dad just before Halloween last year, so this year has been sadder than usual. Thank you for that idea.

    Blessed Samhain to you too.

    Berni x

    ReplyDelete