Wednesday, October 26, 2011

FOREVER FREED is NJRW Golden Leaf Best Paranormal of 2011!

I am so, so thrilled to announce that my vampire romance, FOREVER FREED, won the New Jersey Romance Writers Golden Leaf Award for the Best Paranormal of 2011!

If that wasn't exciting enough, the book was also a finalist in this contest for Best First Book of 2011!

It was such a thrilling, surreal moment. My legs went numb and I got all choked up! Only because of a friend's death grip on my hand did I manage not to lose it altogether!!! LOL

A truly special part of this particular contest's awards ceremony is that one of their members reads an excerpt from the winning book before they actually announce which one it was. So, the only people in the room who know the winner while she's reading are the author and anyone who happens to have read the book. It was incredible hearing my excerpt out loud. And here's the one she read:

She searched my eyes for a long moment. Forever came and went while I waited for her to speak.
Finally she smiled. A warmth so healing rushed through me I had to close my eyes at the goodness of it. “All that I am, Lucien, all that I have…it’s yours. And it feels like it always has been.”
My eyes flew open. I sucked in a breath. That was all I’d needed to hear. I pulled her into my arms and pressed kisses onto her hair and face, then leaned back so I could look into her eyes.
      “Thank you, Sam, thank God. Your acceptance of me…it eases the burden I have carried for the sin of what I am. Your love has helped me forgive myself. And that is a gift, Samantha, a priceless gift, this feeling of absolution. I have been searching for it my whole life.”

Every once in a while you experience something and know you'll remember it forever, and this was one of those times for me!

Thanks for letting me share!
Laura Kaye

 








A multi-published author of paranormal, contemporary and erotic romance, Laura Kaye’s hot, heartfelt stories are all about the universal desire for a place to belong. Laura is the author of the bestselling contemporary romance and award-nominated HEARTS IN DARKNESS and the bestselling and award-winning paranormal romance FOREVER FREED (NJRW Golden Leaf Award for Best Paranormal of 2011), as well as an erotic romance novella, JUST GOTTA SAY. Her fourth book, contemporary fantasy romance NORTH OF NEED, is the first in the 4-book Hearts of the Anemoi series. Laura lives in Maryland with her husband, two daughters, and cute-but-bad dog, and appreciates her view of the Chesapeake Bay every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment