Saturday, November 12, 2011

Being Thankful

It's that time of year again. Lights are up. Christmas trees are out. Santa is ho-ho-hoing. And it's only the beginning of November.

While I'm not a huge fan of the marketing surrounding Christmas, I do enjoy the reminder that lazy days with the family are coming soon. Yes, things are hectic leading up to the event--whether it be Thanksgiving or Christmas--but then when the day arrives, it's all happy memories and laughter and good food. The decorations also bring to mind all the things I'm thankful for.

It's impossible to list everything at one time, or recall each special moment of the year up to this point, but every day, I'm thankful for the wonderful, supportive people I call family and friends. They are the ones who put smiles on my face when I'm down, share my happiness, get angry with me over real or perceived injustices, remind me that I'm not alone in the world. And, I try never to let too much time pass before I tell each and every one how special they are to me.

So to my Wild Rose family, thanks for the amazing support and helpful tips over the past couple of years. And to my readers, thanks for letting me know how much you enjoy my stories. As long as I have you two groups of people, I will continue to write and publish stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment