Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays! I celebrate Christmas, but whichever holiday you celebrate this month, I hope that you have a wonderful one! This is my favorite time of year. I really like driving around the neighborhood to look at lights. It brings back memories from childhood.

One of my favorite memories is of driving around looking at lights. About 10 miles or so from where I lived growing up, was a neighborhood that the homeowners association made every house decorate for Christmas. Flocks of families crammed into cars to drive up and down the streets, slowly of course seeing how most of the town was also driving up and down the streets. Some enterprising neighbors would sell hot cocoa and apple cider and some would take paying customers on boat rides (the neighborhood was built on a canal system). It was a lot of fun and good memories.

What are some of your favorite holiday memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment