Monday, June 3, 2013



Hello, I am Callie Lynn Wolfe, senior managing editor of TWRP's Black Rose Imprint. I wanted to invite you to join us in the newly formatted and improved Black Rose Blog. We encourage you to follow our magnificent editing team for insights on editing, story and storytelling, as well celebration and fun.  We will share our secrets with you as well send out kudos to you, the writers, that keep us busy and entertained with all your wonderful stories.  We also encourage your participation in commenting so we can learn about you and the type of information/conversations you would like to have with us.
Please don't be shy. Speak up.  This blog is ultimately for you. Let us know what you would like know from your editors.  And if you are not yet contracted with TWRP, please feel free to join in the conversations.  Perhaps something you see here will give you the knowledge and or motivation to submit your heart's work.


I also would like to tell you we are looking for submissions.  We would love some spicy and very unique darker characters.  Toss the run of the mill vamp, were, demon. Give us the hottest heros, most vibrant heroines and stories outside the coffin and dog runs if you know what I mean:)  Let your imaginations run wild and free.  Give us the unique, the unwritten, the untried.  WE WANT DIFFERENT!

Oh and by the way,  if your story is not so spicy--not so up close and personal with the love scenes--that is fine too. We don't mind closed doors, but we do like to allow our imaginations to run so we do require some sort of sensuality as our creatures tend to run on the lustful side of the heart meter:)

More about submissions...

Speaking of which, or perhaps we might say witch. We do have a call out as noted below and wait patiently amongst the darker edges of the garden's forest--yes, you've guessed it among the ancient tombstones to see what you will come up with.  Take a look at the below call out and guidelines.  We would love to see what you all can do with them.
 


Black Rose 
Special Call for Submissions
Shades of Black: Grave Distinction

The Wild Rose Press’s Black Rose Imprint is looking for dark romance stories set in or around old cemeteries (these can be real or fictional). Perhaps a graveyard at an old manor house or mansion. We’re looking for dark, paranormal ambiance. Send a shiver up our spine as you weave a tale of romance.

Stories should revolve around the graveyard and should incorporate dark creatures of the night. Shifters, vamps, demons, incubuses, succubuses, gargoyles, dark angels, witches, warlocks, or even evil ghosts. Bring those grave markers or statuary to life.

Mainstream dark and urban paranormal is welcome as well.  Please keep in mind we do not accept horror here at TWRP as yet.
 Stories should target 8-40K words preferably however, longer works up to 85K will be accepted. 

An aside:  Does anyone know the name of the cemetary depicted in the above picture? And where is it located?

Thank you for joining us! Please don't go to far as the next few weeks our editors will be posting their pet peeves so I am certainly sure you don't want to miss that.

Blessings,

Callie Lynn Wolfe
Senior Managing Editor
Black Rose Imprint, TWRP
callielynnwrp@aol.com
thewildrosepress.com

15 comments:

  1. Hey Callie :) Is this picture from, city of the dead in New Orleans? wild guess from one of your wild roses who put that cemetery in her book Eden's Charms....
    hope all is well.
    jaclyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jacke!

      Yes, New Orleans but I believe this is St. Louis Cemetery near the garden district if I am not mistaken. A friend took it a few years ago during a visit to the city.

      All's well here:)

      Callie

      Delete
  2. Glad to see the Black Rose blog is blooming! I'm looking forward to reading...

    ...and, maybe writing a little bit, too, but just for you, Callie. :)

    As for the picture...I would venture a southern guess of someplace in NOLA, since the graves are built up above ground. There has to be three dozen different cemeteries in that town, however, so I couldn't guess which one.

    Good luck on the launch and have a great weekend!

    Cheers, Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ash!

      How are you?

      I look forward to it:) and yes, it is in New Orleans.

      Callie

      Delete
  3. I'm guessing a New Orleans cemetery, too. St. Louis Cemetery, where the Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau is buried?
    BTW: I can't wait to tell my reader/writer friends about this blog. They'll love it as much as I do!!!
    Susan Shay
    Make Me Howl--coming soon from The Wild Rose Press

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Susan!

      You are correct! Yes, it is St. Louis Cemetery. Congrats on your new upcoming release.

      and by all means, bring your friends. The more the merrier:)

      Callie

      Delete
  4. Hi, Callie. :) I was just touring a cemetery in Savannah Georgia yesterday, so I know the picture wasn't taken there. I'm guessing it is a New Orleans.

    Best of luck with the launch of the new blog!! I'll be sure to share all about it.

    Have a great weekend,
    Brenda Sparks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Bren.

      Yes NO. Oh you should have taken some pics. If you did send them my way. I LOVE old burial grounds. Wonder why I am in Black, LOL Very dark, I am.

      Thank you and we hope you do get your friends interested as well.

      A wonderful weekend to you too.

      Callie

      Delete
  5. I'm a happy TWRP author and enjoy old graveyards. I'm very interested in the paranormal and go on ghost hunts with a group in NH.
    My guess is the photo is St. Louis Cemetery in New Orleans.
    I'm looking forward to visiting the blog and sharing it.
    Keep up the good work, Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Diana.

      You are correct. It is St. Louis.

      Wow! That sounds very intriguing to me--ghost hunts--and a bit spine-tingling. I would love it!

      Thanks for stopping in:)

      Callie

      Delete
    2. you have mine. lol...am currently working on a new one though :)

      Delete
    3. Yes, Jacke, I do:) And an awesome story it is:)

      Callie

      Delete
  6. Now where are my stories?! I expect to see cemetery subs from each one of you, LOL

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Callie!

    Nice photo! I have a few similar pics from my vacation to the Big Easy several years ago. I completely fell in love with that place!

    A friend and I share an interesting hobby: graveyard photography. Sort of fits along with your call for submissions. Which I find very interesting! ;)

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooohhhh, Tricia! Send me some photos! I love old cemeteries. My father, bless him--he's gone now--but he and I used to do similiar. My Dad was a photographer and he and I would traipse through old cemeteries as well. You brought back memories of time well spent with him. Thank you!

      Callie

      Delete